Windows are an important part of our homes. They allow natural light into our homes and provide a means to ventilate our homes with fresh air from the outside. They also help to keep our homes comfortable by insulating them in winter and allowing sunlight into the home to make it feel warmer. Many homeowners understand the importance of regular window cleaning as part of the maintenance of their windows. However, many are stumped at the question ‘how often should you clean your windows?’ We, R’n’D Window and Gutter Cleaning address this question below.
Benefits of cleaning windows regularly
There are many benefits of cleaning windows regularly.
- Improve curb appeal – dirty windows can lower the curb appeal of your home. They will make your home look a bit older and possibly even rundown. Cleaning your windows will help to make your home look clean and well maintained. You will increase the curb appeal of your home and be able to get a better price if you’re planning to put it up for sale.
- Prevent damage – dirt and grime that accumulate on windows don’t just cause windows to look dirty but can also result in the damage of the glass. Grime and dirt can leave scratches on your window. These scratches are permanent.
- Preserve their insulating capability – Minerals present in hard water, acid rain and dust can also cause the windows to weaken. This will in turn result in the windows losing their insulating capability. You may notice that your energy bills begin to increase as it becomes harder to keep the interior of your home comfortable.
- Ensure as much light and heat enter your home – Murky windows filter light and heat entering your home. This will make your home darker and cooler especially in winter. If you have houseplants, they will suffer a great deal from the lack of sunshine. You will also spend a lot more money heating your home in winter.
How Often Should You Wash Your Windows
This is a question that many homeowners ask. Unfortunately, there is no single answer to the question of how often windows should be cleaned. It is recommended that you clean your windows a minimum of two times a year. However, you may need to have your windows cleaned more frequently depending on the factors below.
- The natural environment in your area
If your property and local area has a lot of trees and pollen, there will be a lot more dirt and debris accumulated on your windows. You will therefore need to clean your windows more often. If you live in an environment with many trees and lots of pollen, it is recommended that you clean your windows at least three times a year.
- How busy your street is
Do you live on a busy street? Is there a construction site in the near vicinity? If you live on a busy street, there is likely to be a lot of dust in the air. Your windows will build up dust much faster. You may therefore have to have your windows cleaned more regularly. Three times a year is recommended for residential homes in areas that are busy and dusty. You could opt to have your windows cleaned more regularly if you notice dust building up more quickly.
- Climatic conditions
Different climatic conditions call for different frequency in cleaning. For example, if your home is located in an area with high winds, you may want to have your windows cleaned more often. This is because the winds are likely to deposit dust and debris on your windows and cause the dirt to build up much faster.
How to clean your windows
If you’re still looking for answers to the question of ‘how often should I clean my windows?’ you ought to speak to a professional window cleaning service. A professional service can help you determine how often you should clean your windows based on the factors outlined above.
One of the most important things to consider when it comes to cleaning the outside of your windows is safety. Cleaning windows often means having to reach heights that can only be accessed by a ladder or other equipment. This can present a safety concern as you will need to haul heavy equipment up the ladder and maneuver to clean the windows. This can result in serious accidents.
Hiring a professional window cleaning company will help you avoid the risks associated with cleaning the outside of your windows. Window cleaning professionals are experienced in cleaning windows. They are used to climbing up ladders and know how to maneuver to ensure safety. These companies invest in safety equipment to ensure the safety of their workers while cleaning. They will have the right equipment on hand to get the job done.
Hiring window cleaning services will also ensure better results. These professionals are not only experienced but also make use of the right equipment and cleaning solutions. They will get rid of those unsightly stains and get your windows sparkling clean once more.
We at R’n’D Window and Gutter Cleaning are committed to providing our customers with efficient window cleaning services. Our window cleaning services will ensure your home looks cleaner and brighter. We will help lengthen the lifespan of your windows and improve your home’s curb appeal. Contact us today to learn more about our services.